|Job Title:||QC Inspector|
Position Description Summary:
Under general supervision, this position works within the manufacturing QA team and is responsible for addressing problems/issues that occur on the manufacturing floor that may affect the established quality of the product, on-time deliveries, or efficiency level of the production process. Problems may be product, process, and/or supplier related. Responsible for executing various problem-solving techniques; identifying the root cause of the problem; and ensuring the necessary corrective actions are put in place to prevent the issue from occurring in the future, taking ownership of issues from inception through closure.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
The duties listed below are the specific duties and tasks that someone in this position must accomplish (i.e. why the job exists.) These are the core responsibilities of the position that cannot be modified or eliminated. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the level and/or class of this position.
- Interpret blueprints to the extent inspection can be performed satisfactorily.
- Understand basic inspection tools, Mic’s, Calipers, Indicators, sine plates, cylinder squares, surface plate use, gage pins, gage blocks, etc.
- Must be proficient with or able to quickly grasp tolerance requirements. GD&T is helpful.
- Must be able to accurately generate the results of inspection, legibly, on inspection reports.
- Exhibit the aptitude to set up and perform laser CNC etching to customer requirements.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce the Company’s commitment to quality.
- Facilitate and promote the use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action, (8D’s, 5 Why’s).
- Work within and maintain the integrity of the ISO-9001 and NADCAP certified quality system requirements.
- Provide hands-on support to manufacturing operations ensuring consistent production of high-quality products, receiving, in-process, and final inspection are daily realities.
- Generate reports regarding non-conformances internal or external, as required.
- Executing the duties of the position such that the focus is largely proactive versus reactive.
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates within OSHA/MIOSHA guidelines.
- This position will lead to the validation of machined parts on a CMM, depending on your ability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Understand basic inspection tools and inspection techniques.
1-3 years of experience within a manufacturing and QC environment.
Trade school courses, Metrology classes, CAD, CAM, math, and other certificates are preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude (i.e., intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Entry level skills of blueprint reading and some knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience in the use of MS Office suite; Windows Operating System.
- Understanding of manufacturing production principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills.
- Able to work well within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong interest in fostering continuous improvement and high quality.
- Hard checking skills and tool calibration ability.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Vehicles Used:
Computer, general office equipment and measuring instruments.
i.e.: Calipers, Micrometers, Indicators, Surface Gages, Height Masters & Optical Comparators etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Your hands will get dirty performing activities related to this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents, analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines and occasional interruptions; and interact with staff and other organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The working environment of this position varies and includes both the manufacturing floor and office environments.
Position reports to the Quality Control Manager.